Installing Anki Add-ons

Intro

To use English First Aid, you need to install some Add-ons to Anki.  please follow the instructions below.

Tutorial

How to install add-ons

In the main Anki window click on Tools–>Add-ons–>Browse & Install…

Image 806

Copy-paste your add-on code into the box and click OK. Don’t use the code in this screenshot. See the Recommended Add-ons below.

Image-152

EFA Recommended Add-ons

Audio Replay Buttons (REQUIRED)

Puts audio replay buttons on your cards

ImageResizer

Lets you decide the size of the images on your cards.

Hierarchical Tags

This add-on helps you organize your cards. You will learn more about tags in future tutorials.

Advanced Browser

A useful add-on for organizing your cards more easily.

Advanced Previewer

Allows you to look at the front and back of the cards at the same time in preview mode.

8 Comments

1. Veretelnyk Mykhailo on August 10, 2016 at 10:25 am

I have troubles with Anki Add-ons.
    I have installed Audio add-on (3100585138) and Advanced browser add-on (874215009). And, for both of them, I have received a success notification with requirement to restart Anki, and I have done this restarts. After these, I need to configure, but in the section ‘Fields’ I have not had any ‘Antimoon_Eng’.

The details of, what I have had, are in the picture by the from the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu7jdkttco7cky5/Anki%20–%20Antimoon_Eng%20problem.jpg?dl=0 .

I have next questions: ‘Is this problem is known, and if yes, what is the solution?’; ‘What can you suggestions me what I can try to do?’.

• Vinny Champeau on August 11, 2016 at 3:02 am

Thank you for the screenshot. It appears you already installed the addon successfully. You need to download the EFA Cards Deck or EFA Cards Template. This will give you the Antimoon_eng card template. Then you can set the plugin correctly. Does this make sense?

• Misha on August 11, 2016 at 6:58 am

Thank you for the explanation. And, did you mean that I was illogical, when say ‘Does this make sense’? Can someone think that the Advanced browser add-on contains ‘Antimoon_Eng’ due to the last screenshot in the current installing section if he moving successively, 1->2->3 and so on via the TUTOR Member Homepage? If you did not mean this, I am sorry for my question.

• Vinny Champeau on August 11, 2016 at 8:13 am

You’re right. It’s in the wrong order. It is confusing. I’m fixing it now.

No I didn’t mean that. You’re doing just fine 🙂 Thank you for your patience.

• Vinny Champeau on August 11, 2016 at 8:39 am

It’s fixed now! Sorry about the confusion. It’s in the right order. Please see TUTOR Member Homepage again.

• Misha on August 11, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Hello Vinny. I have just looked up it. This was the quick fix!
            I have to say may be that you know. I am talking about the ‘Table contents’ and the comments field, for example on this page, they are intersect each other in my case (Windows 7 – x86, Chrome 52.0.2743.116 m – the last version) as you can see from the next picture – https://www.dropbox.com/s/lb77x17vwfaevr8/comment_content_table_intersection.jpg?dl=0 .

• Vinny Champeau on August 11, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Yes, I know. I am transferring the website over to a new platform soon. The new platform looks much nicer and has a lot more features. Please ignore this problem for now.

• Misha on August 11, 2016 at 4:28 pm

I have to say the one thing that, probably, is already known to you.* Correct me please if I am write something wrong in the sentence above.